Test Drive a Cadillac at the Premier Cadillac Dealership in Buford
Buying a car is exciting, but, sometimes, it can also be somewhat stressful. However, it doesn't have to be. After you do some research, one of the most valuable tools that can help you to make a wise decision about the car you select is taking a test drive.
Cadillac, recognized as a premier luxury automaker around the world, and the second oldest in the United States, has a history of superior craftsmanship and satisfied customers. Owning a Cadillac is not merely about owning an important piece of history; it is a statement that acknowledges your desire for quality and innovation. Whether you are in the market for a new or previously owned Cadillac, here are some tips to consider when test driving a Cadillac at a dealership in Buford.
Why Take a Test Drive?
As mentioned above, taking a test drive is essential for deciding about the car you are interested in buying. By getting in the specific vehicle that appeals to you and noticing how it handles, you can determine if it really is the right fit for you. When you are looking for cars for sale in Buford, let these suggestions serve as a guide when you go to test drive a new Cadillac.
Things to Evaluate During a Test Drive
Although some people don't take a test drive before buying a car, several do. However, many don't have a real understanding of the purpose of a test drive. Therefore, they don't sufficiently use the opportunity to inform their car buying decision. So, what should you look for when you test drive a Cadillac?
Before getting into the vehicle, do a "walk around" inspection. Ensure there is no damage to the exterior. Even in new cars, damage can occur during shipping. Check for dents, scratches, cracks, and rust. Also, examine the car's tires for tread life.
Once you are seated inside the car, keep in mind the attributes below so you can evaluate them while driving.
- Technology – Cadillac vehicles are equipped with state-of-the-art technology features for safety and convenience. Make sure you are aware of all the features in your selected vehicle and that they all operate properly.
- Gauge placement – Check out all the buttons or screens on the dashboard, door panel, and console. Ensure they are easy to operate and function in a way that is comfortable for you.
- Basic systems – Test aspects of the vehicle's electrical systems from the various lights on the car to the air conditioning system to ensure functionality.
- Comfort – Get a feel for the comfort of the seat and sufficiency of the head and legroom.
- Quietness – When all the windows are closed, and the radio is off, notice whether the cabin is adequately quiet.
You want to pay specific attention to the features below when driving the car.
- Steering/Handling – The steering should be easy and respond well when turning, especially when done quickly.
- Braking – Test the brakes with soft and forceful pressure. They should be responsive and smooth.
- Ride comfort – How does the suspension handle various road conditions? A good test drive will not have you noticing every bump and dip in the road.
- Acceleration – Test the vehicle in different scenarios in which quick or sustained acceleration is required, such as merging onto a highway or climbing a steep hill. Make sure the vehicle you choose can accomplish these tasks seamlessly.
- Visibility – Does the vehicle offer proper visibility? When you are comfortably seated, are there substantial blind spots due to the vehicle's pillars? Even though back-up cameras greatly assist with visibility, make sure you can reliably see from all angles of the driver's seat.
Come Into Our Cadillac Dealership in Buford
You already know that Cadillac is a brand that you can trust. Come into our showroom and let the knowledgeable sales team at Cadillac of Lake Lanier make your dream of owning a Cadillac reality. We would love to help you get into a new Cadillac! Please contact us today at (770) 615-7273 to schedule an appointment or visit us at 2355 Browns Bridge Road from Monday to Saturday.