Keep Your Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac Looking and Feeling Like New!
The team at Cadillac of Lake Lanier wants to do more than sell you a car. We want to be your source for new and pre-owned Cadillacs for life! We understand that your purchase of a certified pre-owned Cadillac was a thoughtful decision. That's why you chose a vehicle with outstanding performance and luxury amenities - a Cadillac!
However, even if you bought your certified pre-owned Cadillac elsewhere, we're here to help you maintain it. With this article, we'll talk about ways to keep your certified pre-owned vehicle looking and feeling brand new. We'll cover maintenance you should have done here in the service department, or do them at home.
Oil Changes: Visit the Service Department or Do Them Yourself
Whether you prefer the prestige and power of a V-8 Cadillac Escalade or the fuel-sipping tendencies of four-cylinder CT5, you'll always get the best performance from a well-maintained vehicle. To get the best performance from your Cadillac, and to maintain its value, make regular oil changes a top priority.
Regular oil changes improve your car's gas mileage (mpg). As fresh oil moves through the engine, the lubrication of the metal parts increases your engine's performance and helps it run more efficiently — so it will use less fuel. Clean oil will lubricate moving parts and prevent the engine from wearing down.
Here's what you need to know about oil changes:
- The old method of changing oil every 3,000 miles or three months isn't always appropriate anymore.
- Vehicles that run on synthetic or semi-synthetic oils can go a bit longer between oil changes.
- Look to your owner's manual (or call our certified service department directly) to know how often your oil needs to be changed.
- Only use the correct oil and filter for your vehicle.
- If you're doing oil changes yourself, keep all the receipts as proof of your maintenance.
Always keep your oil change records. If you bring your certified pre-owned Cadillac to our service department, we'll keep them in our database. If you decide to trade-in your Cadillac down the road, it's helpful to have the maintenance record handy.
Spark Plugs Every 20,000 - 40,000 Miles
J.D. Powers says it best: "Spark plugs are an integral part of your car engine's operation... they are responsible for producing that combustion, during both the ignition activation and as the engine progresses through cycles of combustion when you drive..."
- If the spark plugs aren't working correctly, your engine won't achieve its maximum combustion level.
- This can affect your mpg, acceleration and overall power.
Spark plugs are another job that most mechanically-inclined car owners can handle themselves, or you're welcome to bring it here for service.
Wash, Wax, & a Beautiful Detail Service
As the proud owner of a certified pre-owned Cadillac, surely you want your investment to look amazing for years to come. We found a thorough article by Consumer Guides that explains how to wash, wax, and do a full-blown detail service by yourself here. If you need to know which products work best for leather interior, rims, tires, and auto glass, Consumer Guides knows.
- From a professional's perspective, we would remind you to be careful with the delicate plastics and rubbers throughout the interior.
- You wouldn't want to knock off a knob while vacuuming, so proceed thoughtfully.
Since you're spending the afternoon with your Cadillac, don't forget to check your oil and tire pressure, and take a look at your windshield wipers. You'll be happy you did!